anyone heading to kansas next week??

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Wish I was, the class booked fast. I was in Rex's class last month but will have to wait til next year now......
Rex by the way was a great instructor, I enjoyed it and learned a lot.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Matt,
You were far from a problem!! I am amazed how easily you adapted to it all. And you did really nice work!!
The rest of this story is Matt has a prosthetic arm. The boys in the shop engineered a special turntable for him but frankly did great without it!
It gives me pleasure to teach classes when people like you have that kind of determination.
Keep cutting!
Rex

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Prosthetic arm. Brian has had to have his cutting arm in a sling from the ceiling for what 12 or 15 years now. Where there is will there is way. A fact of life with some disabilities. Keep cutting, you will make it if you want it. Fred

John P. Anderson

Elite Cafe Member
I'm a one armed carver amongst other things. You know the old saying, "I complained of having no shoes till I met a man with no feet".

There's always someone with bigger problems. I suspect that some day we'll meet an engraver with no arms.

John

Thanks Rex, it was a pleasure being in your class. You did a great job! I had a great time and learned a lot.

I'm looking forward to another class with you in the future. One of the beginning to end classes would be a lot of fun!

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Matt

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Matt, good to hear from you.... weren't you into long rifles? I agree with one of the beginning to end classes being a lot of fun!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Those is Rex's class should be extremely careful. Rex rules with an iron fist and has most students sobbing and crying before lunch on the first day, leaving many scarred for life.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was in Rex's class and left scarred for life!!! Not his fault, MINE. I was pushing way too hard, not letting the tool do the work, slipped and drove the graver into the bone in my left hand. Of course, it swelled up almost twice it's normal size for the rest of the week, but I only used it to turn the vise. Lesson learned! I listened to Rex more closely after that.
Great time was had in his class and am considering taking his shotgun class in the future.

Bill

marz

oh i wish i could take a class any class.. any (well hold on ) any ENGRAVING CLASS..that is..

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Rex was very encouraging and a skilled motivator.... his favorite saying was "I don't want see nothin' but chip's and elbow's as he paced back and forth with a stick he fondly referred to as "The Persuader" :)

Latest posts

Sponsors