Laser star to the rescue !!

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
I got me a Rolex today for cheap!! Ya me!
Any how that's not what this is about. Just wanted to give cool points to LaserStar welders! This is the second rolex that we have fixed on it an the first one we was able to save a $$$$$$$ rolex from the scrap yard.
This one I got for a heck of a price. Only thing detracting from it was the AWEFULL Engraving on the case back. I snapped a pic but for some reason the pic was blank when I just checked it. Had the guys initials/date/ frat logo on it. Fairly deep but looked like it was cut with a dull rock! I could have just ordered a new back but I wanted to keep it original. So I got my wire out an a cup of coffee an started zapping!
After about 30-40 min I had enough filled in an started dressing it down

There is a few small pits that showed up after sanding an buffing but I'm happy with it. Considering how much I had to cover up!

:) maybe if it's slow tomorrow I will fix those pits.
You guys should really consider buying one. Doesn't have to be that brand but omg they are handy an pay for theirself quick!!
So great are these machines we will be adding three more next year an retiring this one after 10 years of great service (will be in the for sale section at a great price)

phil

Elite Cafe Member
I second that! There is no way I could do the repairs on damaged micro pave with traditional soldering. Especially on platinum. Laser welders are a gift from the Gods.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Congrats on your Sea Dweller and for removing the engraving! Would have loved to see it prior to the laser work. I'd say a few more zaps and you're done. Lasers are indeed cool.

Latest posts

Sponsors