GraverSmith & 901 hangpiece for a beginner?

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
Hello,

I have a chance to purchase a used, about a year old, GraverSmith and 901 handpiece for a decent used price and was wondering about what you all think about it. I do not believe it has more than about 20 hrs on it in total. I know there are a lot of people familiar with GRS equipment on here.

I know it's not the top of the line GRS or a Lindsay Palm control but I can't and I don't want to spend that kind of money until I'm sure that I like engraving. Who knows I may absolutely suck at it!:eek:

mrthe

The Graversmith is a nice unit and you can do fantastic works with it, exist better systems? yes ,but if your budget is limited and the price was reasonable you have done a good deal.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
No reason not to get it. I can do the same quality of work with a Graversmith and 901 as I can with any of the more expensive GRS systems.

Andrew Biggs

Yes, the GraverSmith with a 901 is an excellent piece of kit and will do whatever you want it to do, and then some. It will provide you with a lifetimes worth of good, reliable service..........the rest is up to you.

If you upgrade to other machines, what you are paying for is the extra bells and whistles. The internal components, quality, power and speed etc etc remain the same throughout the range.

Cheers
Andrew

Pedroc

Elite Cafe Member
And for setting stones? Is a good choice too?
I have a short budget, and will keep with hand push if necessary.
thanks

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Good decision!

World class engraving has been produced with with hammer & chisel, push gravers, GRS and Lindsay equipment, as well as all sorts of different ways, I'm sure.

Hell, give Phil Coggan a blunt nail, and I'm sure he could produce a masterpiece! ;)

It's the 'nut-behind-the-butt' that makes the difference. (as they say in shooting) :)

Best of luck,

Jo

Latest posts

Sponsors