Help, please: Name That tool

pequaref

I was given a pile of engraver's tools, and there are a couple items that I can't find in any catalog without taking a whole bunch of time to find. Would anyone care to help me ID these items? Pictures attached (hopefully)
Terese

Attachments

• What-6.jpg
    What-6.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 381
  • WhatIsThis2.jpg
    WhatIsThis2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 378
  • What-10a.jpg
    What-10a.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 377
  • What-8.jpg
    What-8.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 377
  • What-4.jpg
    What-4.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 377
  • whatisit-1.jpg
    whatisit-1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 377
  • What-10b.jpg
    What-10b.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 376
  • What-7.jpg
    What-7.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 377

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Photos #2 and #4 are ring clamps. The first one is missing the leather pads. Photos #3 and #6 are beading tools. Photo #5 are wax carvers.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The first photo is 3 collets for use in a flex shaft jewelers tool holder. They work like pin vices; one looks broken off or shortened. The hole in them is to fit a pin, allen wrench, or whatever to hold it while you tighten the collet.

#2 is a plastic ring clamp that's missing its pads and I'd throw that in the trash.
#3 & #6 are beading tools
#4 a good ring clamp
#5 Who knows maybe wax tools? I'd turn the long one into a burnisher by polishing the heck out of it. The rest into scrapers or whatever you need.
#7 looks like a chuck with a depth stop to be used in a drill motor maybe?
#8 Not a clue???

DanM

Elite Cafe Member
#5...modified dental tools,several look to have "burnt" tips.Wax carving or solder picks.

pequaref

Thank you everyone for all your help. This proves that it pays to come right to the experts the first time around, rather than wasting time asking people who think they know everything, but really don't have a clue about anything!!

Latest posts

Sponsors