leaf pendant

Jared Eason

Elite Cafe Member
Made from 304 ss. Heat colored. Hope y'all like it. Comments welcomed.

Attachments

• IMG_20140516_072309_246-1.jpg
    IMG_20140516_072309_246-1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 357

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is quit beautiful. Held this way it is a leaf at the end of its fall color, or lightening on a black and stormy night. Turned upside down it is a tree in a dark and stormy night striped of leaves. Way Cool and Beautiful-Fred

Jared Eason

Elite Cafe Member
Fred, I'm going to get you to make up all the descriptions for my work from now on. Lol. You just made my day with your comment. Thank you

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
well, it is a fascinating piece of mystery & beauty as well. i understand the dark color, but what about the gold ? is it gold plated ? can one even plate gold onto ss ? just curious about a very, very nice piece.

Jared Eason

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you monk. All heat colored. I have many hours in fin tuning my techniques in coloring ss. In short heated to very hot glowing hot gives a dark color, I then with very fin sand paper sand by hand not a block the highlights back to the silver removing the oxidation then heat again slowly until the highlights are the color I want. In this case gold. Texture plays a big part in the outcome of color as well. I hope this answers your question.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jared, I see what you mean by texture. In may upside down tree it looks as though some of the leaves are holding on during the high wind storm. Beautiful concept. I often use a mirror on my drawings standing on edge and move it around with one end held in position and moving the other. I often come up with unusual faces and double faces that way. experimenting with new images is a lot of fun and I find the mirror very useful. By setting the mirror at the stem of the leaf you get a clear image of the tree. Fred.

Terrezar

Elite Cafe Member
Sometimes a piece of art just makes me stop for a second to sorta take it in, and this was one of those times for me. Realy original, and beautifully done.

Sponsors