Some recent stuff

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Here's some stuff I've done recently. A couple of sterling money clips and a practice doodle on a 1.2 " cube of stainless. Critique is more than welcome. I've been at this (admittedly as a hobby) for 2 or 3 years now, and I still don't feel like I'm at a level where I could/should sell my work. It also seems like every time I draw a scroll, this is what comes out. I can't decide if I'm settling into a style, or I just lack creativity.

Attachments

• bartlette 008.jpg
    bartlette 008.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 304
  • bartlette 010.jpg
    bartlette 010.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 305
  • bartlette 003.jpg
    bartlette 003.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 300

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You are mistaken. Your work is certainly marketable. Your shading is excellent. Your cuts are very good although I think that putting in a little more time learning to roll your graver to the inside here and there to create more three dimensional look would improve. Also learning to very the depth of cut for the same reason will help. You will find some tutorials on this sites tutorial page by Sam that should help. Your designs are fine and very attractive. Get a copy of "Florid Victorian Ornament" by Karl Klimsch from GRS or Dover for design and element ideas if you don't have it. Cut a bracelet or two and put them out there in the world. Have courage and start marketing. We all continue to learn and improve even after we take the plunge. I would like to get some of my first pieces I sold back. Bad, much more amateurish than your current work -Fred

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
thanks Fred. I try to roll the graver with most cuts, but it's either too much or too little.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Hi;
Only thing I might change is on the cross structure , make it 3 dimensional, then your shading could show which way the light is coming from.
If I was cutting as well as you I might even tackle my 1911 colt. Keep up the good work.
Regards
Don

Latest posts

Sponsors