Rene Delcour and Philippe Grifnee

en2siastic

Yesterday I was invited to a ceremony held at the engraving section of the armory school of Liege, Belgium. In memory of Rene Delcour and Philippe Grifnee, the school wanted to honor two of their former teachers. It was a gathering between relatives and friends of Rene Delcour and Philippe Grifnee, school authorities and teachers, students and former students. Two classrooms have been renovated and named “Salle Rene Delcourâ€￾ and “Salle Philippe Grifneeâ€￾. I wanted to pass this event to those who knew Rene and Philippe, and let them know that they are not forgotten.
Best regards.
Francis.
IMG_0408.jpg IMG_0412.jpg IMG_0409.jpg IMG_0413.jpg

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am sure they would have been honored to be remembered for the contributions they made. Thanks for sharing a little of the tribute. Fred

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Francis: I spent a week with Philippe in 2008 at the Grand Masters classes, at GRS. I have his picture hanging on the wall above my bench. I have met very few people in the engraving world who could match his abilities or dedication to the art. He was a great guy and easy to talk to and also a great teacher. I've seen few people who could move metal the way he could, especially by hand or with a hammer and chisel. I will never forget him.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Many thanks, Francis. I didn't know Rene personally, but knew Phil quite well and I'm happy to see them honored in such a way. :clapping: :clapping:

Sponsors