Update to my recent interview...

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Having spent about 6 hours in the last couple days (most of that time under my house) installing a rebuild kit in my shallow well pump and fixing the gunk-filled pressure switch, the part in my interview where it says I "Particularly enjoy plumbing & electrical work" is not currently operative. I'll let you know if/when that status changes, thank you...

phil

Elite Cafe Member
I'm just fitting out a new workshop. I'll agree that its more fun to plan than to do.
I have learned something valuable though........ if it can go wrong, it will go wrong.
Good luck.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
we should get together and have a cuss fest. i'd sooner have a colonoscopy than do anything related to plumbing !

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
we should get together and have a cuss fest. i'd sooner have a colonoscopy than do anything related to plumbing !

technically, isn't a colonoscopy related to plumbing?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I was thinking about you the other day, Mitch. Eventually I want to plumb-in my espresso machine. :cool:

IMG_5142.jpg

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
piece o' cake. you want a drain, too, or just a supply line? actually, it would be very similar to running a line for an icemaker in a fridge.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Based on the discussions on a home coffee roasting list you want a drain as well as the supply. Valve failures aren't common, but they're much less of a problem with a drain.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
piece o' cake. you want a drain, too, or just a supply line? actually, it would be very similar to running a line for an icemaker in a fridge.

Yep. Water supply and drain as well. We're thinking about building a dedicated coffee bar on the other side of the kitchen so we'll plumb it at that time, after installing a water filter.

Incidentally, I've moved your interview over to the Interviews forum for posterity :thumbsup:

Steve: The drain pan has no effect on anything with my machine, but maybe it does on other types.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam

The reason for the drain is in case you have a valve failure. Bad enough to come in and find the water's been running through the system for who knows how long when you do have a drain.

We don't drink enough to justify plumbing our little machine in. Just a simple superauto that makes wonderful café crème's.

Latest posts

Sponsors