Help, please: Pierced sterling overlays

castagnos&s

I have a question on pierced sterling overlays for the western guys on here. Do you typically bright cut around the edges and then line the scrolls and petals or do you just line them? I would really appreciate some help and some examples if possible. Thanks Mike

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't mean to be rude but I think it's time that you experiment with the different techniques and decide for yourself which looks best and works best for you. The end result may be a unique design that is not simply copied from someone else.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think what would work best for you is to fabricate a piece or two and post the pictures on here for us to view. It will help you develop needed skills and we could give you more specific help. There must be someone near you that could upload the pictures for you if you can't figure it out.

castagnos&s

Perfect how busy are you Dave? Im about two hours from you. I don't know if you remember me or not. Mike Castagno, I came and spent some time with you a few years back. I have seen a few examples of this style of work and was just curious as to the way to go about it for the most aesthetic look. I have the overlays already soldered down on some cheeks.