New Work for the Seattle Knife Show

tsterling

Elite Cafe Member
I've been working like a maniac to finish up knives and jewelry for the 1st Annual Seattle International Knife Show the last weekend of April. This is my first time showing at a knife show, so wish me luck!

2014_JewelryWeb.jpg
First off, here's the jewelry. Clockwise from the top - Titanium/shibuichi/gold dragonfly and cherry blossom pendant, next is a copper/titanium/silver zombie hummingbird skull dog tag, then a titanium shishiaibori-style cave painting pendant, and last the copper/titanium/silver flayed face dog tag.

Spyderco_Cricket_Puget_Sound_1.jpg
Engraved Spyderco Cricket "Puget Sound" in NW Native American style

Knapped_Lascaux_Push_Dagger_Web1.jpg Knapped_Lascaux_Push_Dagger_Web2.jpg Knapped_Lascaux_Push_Dagger_Web3.jpg
The "Lascaux Dagger" in knapped steel style, 1075 carbon steel, titanium scales engraved in shishiaibori-style, copper rivets, 4 inches total length.

Helheim_Dagger_Web1.jpg Helheim_Dagger_Web2.jpg Helheim_Dagger_Web3.jpg
Here's the "Helheim Dagger" in 1075 carbon steel, with engraved and gold inlaid 410 stainless steel scales, moose antler, with copper rivets. Done in 1075 carbon steel I decided to do this one in my signature “knapped steelâ€￾ style, so it resembles a stone knife, overall length 7 1/2 inches.

Helheim (â€￾ the house of Helâ€￾) is one of the nine worlds of Norse mythology, and is ruled by the goddess Hel, who is half beautiful woman and half corpse. Those who die of old age or disease go to Helheim, while those who die bravely on the battlefield go to Valhalla (which is ruled by Odin, the greatest of the Norse gods).

Dragonsbane_Poniard_Web1.jpg Dragonsbane_Poniard_Web2.jpg Dragonsbane_Poniard_Web3.jpg
And, last (thank goodness it's finished!) the "Dragonsbane Dagger" in engraved and carved 1045 carbon steel, with 24 karat gold inlays, carved copper crossguard. 22 inches overall length, and a huge pain to carve and engrave. This was one of those projects where it is gets more abandoned than finished! Remind me not to do another really large dagger like this. Or any really large engraved knife. Really. 'Cause I'm likely to do something insane like this again. It's just my way... Help. Please stop me...

bdext002

Something tells me you won't have a problem selling any of these. Very original, very well done and very cool! Good luck!

Bryce

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
holy cow ! the work is as beautiful ,as it is totally unique. i absolutely love your "knapped steel". just a beautiful effect !

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Tom, that's some nice work you have done there, wish you the best of luck, but you won't need it, the work will sell it self, :thumbsup:

Richard.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tsterling,

I'll be there this summer family wedding, don't forget to eat, the all you can eat Alaska King crab legs! And if your a nature lover, Mount Rainier is a great place for pictures, take a raincoat it rains ALL the time. That's the reason i moved back to good old Texas.

Saludos,

Carlos

Latest posts

Sponsors