Question: Health Topic - but related to engraving...

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Woah!!! I've taken a ton of levaquin over the last decade for chronic sinus infections.

I wonder if it has been the culprit of my chronic back and leg pain. Many days my legs just feel like they don't want to move!!!

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Bert,

Don't self diagnose... see if you can find a doc that has treated floroquinone syndrome and have him or her do it.

They are hard to find, so far. That's because the majority of the side effects come weeks or months AFTER the treatment. They don't connect it up easily.

I got lucky and found a group of them, but they are in San Diego - which is 500 miles from where I live.

IF, you find you DO have it, by all means join the study being done on it at UCSD - by email.

I believe it's in my last post, but if you can't find it - let me know.

Brian

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks, I will look that up...

From what I have been able to learn so far (NONE of it from doctors) is that yes, you can maybe heal up.

Some of it will quite probably never come back. The hearing loss for instance.

And the tendon/ligament damage may take around 18 months to 2 years to repair - for someone HALF my age or younger.

More than half the time the damage is permanent.

Anybody got any ideas for the tinnitus in the only ear that still works?

B.

Brian Just happen to see this....I have had tinnitus for 30 years, you learn to put it in the background or the hearing becomes bad enough that you cannot hear it....Some tinnitus is temporary due to drugs or loud noise.....hope yours is temporary....

Bob

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My tinnitus is nerve damage from heavy construction and shooting. No cure. Sometimes the food I eat affects it, turning it on louder like a switch. But, it's always there.

Bill

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My tinnitus is nerve damage from heavy construction and shooting. No cure. Sometimes the food I eat affects it, turning it on louder like a switch. But, it's always there.

Bill

Mine sounds like the hum from the old TV test pattern broadcast some days. Tea kettles... steam whistles. Mine came from running crawler tractors, combines, shooting and blowing stuff up, loud motorcycles, racing snowmobile tuned pipes, model airplane engines, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida cranked up loud with the headphones on, sitting in a room with giant generators roaring, firing high pressure steam boilers, running wood planers, routers and power saws... all the stuff you aren't supposed to do. But, I had fun doing it! :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Latest posts

Sponsors