Lunar eclipse tonight

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
The event begins at 12:54 A.M. EDT Tuesday morning, 15 April with totality from 3:07 A.M. to 4:25 A.M. EDT and the event ending at 6:38 A.M. EDT. Viewable throughout the Americas. That means I will be up about midnight tonight to watch.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello, Sam W,

I have my giant binoc's x15 and tripod at the ready in my shop, with a few of the usual suspects threatening to come over late. Lenny and I will pick a few tunes and songs in between taking a look. It unfolds at about the same rate as watching paint dry, full eclipse on the West Coast at 2am. Forecast is 60 % cloud cover, so we may need to burn incense to Mother Nature ( isn't that what Californians do ?) to intercede on our behalf. If She let's the Moon shine through, we will sing a few happy songs, if it is all clouds, we will sing the blues.

If we get really lucky, we will try for Mars, now at its closest to Earth, and quite red and bold in the sky, Mars and the Moon come up about the same time.

Maybe I should sing that ancient Scot's ballad, Sir Patrick Spens, I do like this verse, referring to earthglow showing inside the new crescent Moon:

" ....I saw the new moon late yestreen
Wi’ the auld moon in its airms;
And if we gang to sea, maester,
I fear we’ll come tae hairm...."

Rod

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors