Recently finished Glock

Birddog97

Heres a Glock 23 I recently finished. These are some hard little SOBs. Sorry the pictures suck. I just took them with my phone with the gun laying on the hood of my pickup.

Glock 23 (2).jpg
Glock 23 (3).jpg
Glock 23 (1).jpg

J.Powell

Is it just the pics or does the top of the slide look like there is some background work left to be done? Its kinda hard to see. Also, did you coat this after you cut it or is the black that is showing the original coating? Thanks!!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sam doesn't allow me to be ignorant, so i'll try to be tactful-- your engraving is nice and all that, but i fear you have installed lipstick on a member of the porcine species !

Birddog97

Im not a big fan of Glocks, to shoot or engrave. The client is a good one. He brings me 2 or 3 a month. He wanted me to try, so I did. I annealed the slide in my forge. After that, it was soft enough to work on. The pictures are not very good. I took them quickly and the light was doing funny things with the shadows. The top was stippled and the sides were dot punched. After engraving, I heat treated it again to harden it back up. That gave it a pretty cool color case hardened color. I liked it, but the client wanted it shiny. I ran it over my satin finishing wheel. The reflected light may be were some of the blackish colors are coming from. I used a 120 c-max graver. I sharpened it to whatever angles are on the Easy Graver sharpening tool. That thing is handier then a pocket on a shirt, by the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
how difficult would this gun have been without softening it up ? are they possible or im poss. without annealing ? just curious.

guzzi

Wow! good job, most Glock engraving is done with a laser as the Tennifer finish is so hard to cut thru. My hat is off to you!
What Rockwell surface treatment did you get when you re-hardened it? jb

Latest posts

Sponsors