engraving

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
" a little engraving for the weekend" I know Shawn you didn't get it for free those skills but what's the time you have to put in a piece like this.
I was just busy with a bit of drawing this afternoon and even that I didn't finish.
Okay, I should practice more often and I am right now a bit handicapped because of a bit of surgery on my right hand but even when I am in top condition I never could make a piece like this in one weekend, designing, drawing and cutting.
I am just curious what your schedule is making a piece like this.
Btw, I like it very much just like all of your work.

Last edited:

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
WILLIEM
I started it yesterday about 4 p.m. worked until I had finished watching a couple of movies....about 2 hours I would guess per movie
started again today after church...10 a.m.
finished it about 1:15 p.m.
I more you practice drawing the quicker you are.
the small scroll has a bad spot. that could have been better if I had slowed down instead of rushing.
the shading goes real quick if you have your leaf structure drawn and cut correctly.

leo

Elite Cafe Member
Wow that's really nice I have seen that shading in person in one of your knife excellent and doing it in 8 hours give or take that's really perfect

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
No Brian he's a machine. I have watched him work and His system works very well. Its very smooth and efficient.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think the nicest thing about your posting progress pictures is that it shows how much your shading really makes the design. Great work!

Latest posts

Sponsors