100% Coverage on a Colt Commander

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
Im in awe!! You always raise the bar and inspire. I have a colt officers model I cant wait to git home and try now!

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
Just plain SUPER!! I love the finish, who has done it for you if you dont mind saying. I am working on a 1911 now and would love to put this finish on it thanks for taking the time to post this great photos. ZZ

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING WELDON!!!

I do see one problem with this piece though.
The ability to return the piece to the owner!
I'd have to tell him that unfortunately it was stolen/lost/screwed up/THE DOG ATE IT!, ANYTHING to keep it in my possession!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to all!

Signature: signed under the left grip panel

Roger: This one has a steel frame.... I will no longer work on aluminum frames (the lightweight Commander has that feature) just too much trouble & i never can get them looking like the steel parts so, I choose not to do em anymore.

Weldon

The client is very happy which is what we're all shooting for!

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great job. I was going to post the Colt Commander I recently finished at 60% coverage! but this piece may change my mind! Maybe I'll post it anyway to show the difference between a Master and a Journeyman Engraver. A little humor never hurt anyone.

Bill

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Roger,
I am thinking that this Colt started out life as a M1991A1 which was factory marked as being a Commander (no Combat) these left the factory with steel frames which had the CJ prefix.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yeah, what they all said. i'm too lazy to think up any new words. i did 2 "combat" commanders. all steel then, no aluminum junk to fuss over. that was maybe 25-30 years ago. i was asked a month or so ago to do ahammerless revolver. was so light, i think the only metal in it was the ammo. needless to say i passed on that.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon, Your treatment on the top of that slide is amazing. To blend several distinct styles cohesively as though they belong together is impressive. Seamless! I also like what you did in the thin area next to the grips. That little spot is hard to fill well and using that border worked like a charm.
Well done!
Layne

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Holy Crow! When you said 100%, you really meant it! Even the edges of the grip safety! Absolutely fantastic. Sam is correct. this should be the dictionary illustration next to the words "Engraved Pistol".

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
Wow! So many positive posts....Well let me just jump on the bandwagon as well. Super job. Love the artwork as well as the execution!

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Weldon

Your Dad and Frank would have been VERY pleased to know that they played a part in your education.
This piece is the epitome of class.

And for you FNGs, this was done with a hammer and chisel!
No airgravers, dremels etc.

AndrosCreations

Elite Cafe Member
I love this rich beautiful work.

It's one of those things that naturally appeals to a man... Warmth of a wood stove, Steak, leather, the smile of a lovely lady, Weldon Lister engraving.... It should be one of the five visual food groups!

Great work

Latest posts

Sponsors