100% Coverage on a Colt Commander

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's a recently completed project on a Colt Commander. For this piece I'm reprising a similar commission I did 9 or 10 years ago. Changed it up a little this time & added some sculptural elements to offset the abundant scrollwork. 100% coverage isn't for everyone but….for those who like it…well, here ya go!!
On this piece I've used several styles of scrollwork: the majority being American with liner cut shading & dot punch background; my version of English scroll with single point shading and, a small amount of American scroll with single point shading.
The sculpted elements are various floral shapes & make a nice contrast/compliment to all the scroll. Additionally, there are a number of border treatments here and a whole lot of straight & curved lines to cut….!!
The Colt is finished in antique nickel plating & is wearing a set of American Black Walnut grips.
Thanks & hope you enjoy,
Weldon

Attachments

• IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 553

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Ok. that's my favorite engraved gun. period. I no longer feel the need to look at any others.

:clapping::clapping:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Weldon,That's some beautiful coverage:thumbsup:,did have any room for your signature? J.J.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I almost have to agree with Sam, but I think I'd have to answer that my favorite engraved gun is "something by Weldon Lister." Very hard to choose between all the wonderful work you've been posting.

Scott Pilkington's work really speaks to me as well.

Not that there's been much posted here I don't think is great, it's just if someone said I could have for my very own whatever I chose it would be a very difficult choice but in the end I think Weldon's work would be the winner.

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very kind words! The artist in me blushes at the compliments as the critic in me sees what should be done better next time!

Weldon

Jim P

That is soooooo beautiful. Such attention to the details and there are so many details. That is absolutely perfect! I see what you mean about the total coverage maybe not being for everyone. That is for sure FULL coverage and the mount of shading and small detail in all the nooks and crannys. You must be a very patient person. You certainly are a artist that engraves not just an engraver. I recently did a little sig P938 and thought I did full coverage but now after seeing your work it looks like I maybe did something along the lines of maybe 50 or 60% coverage.
Beautiful work that even made Sam say Wow and that's something huh?

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think others have used up all the descriptive adjectives. Your style is your own and you have certainly expressed here. Someone will have a display piece that will empress anyone. May be your opus! certainly at the top of the choices, Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors