Metal polishing by JJ Roberts

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Whow
I sent JJ a Winchester 1894 action and some misc parts to be polished they just arrive back today. A beautiful polish on all the parts and reasonable fee.
Also great turn around time:whoo[1]:
So if anyone needs this service , the work is excellent , and I cheated my Doctors out of their fees:willy_nilly[1]::smilielol5[1]:
:thankyou[1]: Again JJ

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
1894 Winchester Restoration Pictures

Dave,

Here are some pictures of the before and after of your gun. I am glad you are satisfied with our work and that it arrived in good time.

JJ

Attachments

• winchester 1894.b.jpg
    winchester 1894.b.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 262
  • winchester 1894.2.b.jpg
    winchester 1894.2.b.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 258
  • winchester 1894.a.1.jpg
    winchester 1894.a.1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 258
  • winchester 1894.a.2..jpg
    winchester 1894.a.2..jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 259
  • winchester 1894.a.3.jpg
    winchester 1894.a.3.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 258
  • winchester 1894.a.4.jpg
    winchester 1894.a.4.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 261

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
JJ Roberts,
Could you tell us about thickness of metal before and after restoration, please?

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thank's every one for your kind words,I've always enjoyed bring these old classic firearms back to life,they deserve a new life.It all started with gun parts I pitted up at gun shows when I started engraving I would hand polish before engraving.There are many old firearms out there that are in addict's,cellar's,basement's,barns that are just waiting for some TLC. J.J.

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Good deal, JJ

It doesn't look like much, but when you get into it, those pits are a hell of a lot deeper than you think. And a lot of metal has to be removed to get it back down to a workable surface.

Great job!!

Cheers
Andrew

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
JJ, I have a Rem 32 pump rifle made in 1897 if I remember off the top of my head. been in the family since new. Be a nice gun to engrave, lots of nice surfaces to work with, very little pitting. Not a valuable weapon but killed a lot of muleys and goats (prong horns to many of you). It was my great great grandfathers saddle gun down on the reservation an now its come to me. I also have a 32 or 38 Iver Johnson revolver made in 1893 with a lot of family history in it. My great grandmother shot a stranger who was running after her daughter from the street car stop toward their house. Neighbor rang Jesse Blue (full blooded Kiowa Comanche) she rolled it in her apron and walked up the street to meet Catharine she shot that man five times in the belly and went home to finish cooking dinner. She was not 5 feet tall, but big enough I guess. As the Duke said "you ani't gonna die just have a long winter belly ach". No charges pressed, Pueblo was a little wooly in those days 1901. Especailly the breeed side of town. Needs a bit of pistol smith work done internally on it to set it to rights but would be interested in discussing these with you. Fred