Cartier Santos watch engraving.

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Hi folks,

Here's another watch that I recently completed.

This one was such a great canvas. I have to admit, it was a difficult one to send back. :)

Thanks for looking,

Jo

phil

Elite Cafe Member
Lovely work Jo. What did you blacken that with?
Ps. did you sort out evolution

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Phil.

For blackening, I think I use the same as most people here... Rustoleum matt black.
It works really well - no photoshop software was harmed in the making of those photos! ;)

Evolution sorted (kind of). Kemet was my best bet and were good to deal with. BUT, in the end I went for a Foredom K1050, which should be here Wednesday. Woohoo! :)

Jo

Brant

Elite Cafe Member
Absolutely stunning work Joanne. Thanks for allowing use the pleasure of viewing your work.

Brant

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow, the pictures here are even more sharp and detailed Jo, absolutely fantastic job.
You say you use Rustoleum for blackening, where in Europe do you order that???
I thought this was out of reache for the Europeans.

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you guys! :)

Willem, I'm pretty sure I bought the Rustoleum from the 'home of all things bargain shaped'... fleabay, of course! ;)
I just checked, and there's an ebay seller here in the UK who sells it. I figure that one pot will probably last me... a while!!!

Jo

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jo, Very very well designed and the execution is marvelous. I can see why it was hard to send back. To bad we can rarely afford to own our work. Fred

tsterling

Elite Cafe Member
Really elegant work, Jo, especially for such tiny cutting. Good on you - you've become one of my new heroes!

Be sure and store the Rustoleum can upside down - mine tend to dry out in a few months if I don't...

Tom

mm6mm6

Stunningly gorgeous work! I love watches and that's the finest case I've ever seen hand decorated! Wonderful!

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations Jo. You're the Queen of watches ! Very nice watch ( with a nice name too ;) )

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow, the pictures here are even more sharp and detailed Jo, absolutely fantastic job.
You say you use Rustoleum for blackening, where in Europe do you order that???
I thought this was out of reache for the Europeans.
No, Willem, it's not. You can buy it here in the big DIY stores. I think I got mine in Homebase or B&Q - one of those anyway.

mrthe

Another super watch! I like this model and with your engraving is fantastic now!

Last edited:

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Be sure and store the Rustoleum can upside down - mine tend to dry out in a few months if I don't...Tom

Tom, yep I decanted some into a tiny glass jar when I bought it. Not opened the can since then, and that was about 18 months ago.

Thanks again for everyone's enthusiastic comments.

Paolo... this one's a Cartier, not a Rolex. :)

Jo

Latest posts

Sponsors