Cartier Santos watch engraving.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Marcus and Jo for the adresses for the Rustoleum, sorry for the late responding, I did overlook this thread a bit I think.... :eek:

Andrew Biggs

Beautiful work, Jo and what we have come to expect from you :)

Rustoleum is only a brand name...........it is a oil based enamel house paint. Any of the brands will work. Here in NZ I use Dulux which is the same thing.

But be careful as some places are selling water based enamel paints. They do not work for our purposes. It has to be oil based. Also avoid hobby/model paints as they tend to dry to fast and don't give you enough time to work with.

Cheers
Andrew

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Jo, I will order it on Ebay as well.

Well, I would order but they don't ship to the Netherlands.
So I searched and found a company who's selling a lot of Rustoleum products.
But now I am not sure if it is the same product.
http://www.agradi.nl/rust-combi-color-hoogglans-a1142482.htm
This product is a shiny paint to protect metal and can be used on rusty surfaces , RAL number is 9005, does this sound a bit like the product Jo is showing?

Last edited:

mrthe

Willem from my personal experience is very hard find a dealer that sell this type of products outside his country, basically because is illegal ship it in flights because are inflammable, like Andrew say just you need a oil base flat black enamel , nail enamel ( check you wife bag hehe) if flat black work well too ;)

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I understand, but I try to translate the words " flat black enamel" into Dutch and where it stands for so I can choose a simular product of any brand.
Flat is the gloss of the product? yeah and black is black ofcourse, and enamel is in Dutch discribed as emaille but that's usualy a glas product you have to melt in a kiln.

Sorry I hijacked your topic Jo, I appologize and will stop now ( know enough now, thanks )

Last edited:

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Willem, please don't feel you are hijacking the thread. You aren't at all, honest! ;)

Flat black is NOT gloss (very important)! You want a matt / flat / dull appearance, similar looking to 'black board' paint you used to have in school?!

Jo

Last edited:

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jo,

One more time, it is amazing. Thank you very much for showing

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For sure you all did enjoy the fantastic engraving of Jo.
But I think she's to modest to tell here she did some superb lettering on the backside as well.
Here the picture where she's added the Kindler and Thorpe lettering, the serial number and below, very modest, in tiny lettering her last name.
Now isn't that superb lettering? It's worth sharing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think this is one of the rare cases in hand engraving where it's a compliment to say it looks like it was done by a machine. Her lettering is so precise and clean I don't know if we could tell what she did without you having told us.

:tiphat::clapping:

Latest posts

Sponsors