"Ich warte auf meinen Benzimaus"

gantzi

A few weeks ago I got a very unusual job from a jeweler friend, that I wanted to share - a pendant that needs to be engraved and set with diamonds.

A lady from Germany had a dog called Benzimaus (Benzi) whom she loved very much but her husband didn't. One day, the husband gave Benzi away, so to get back at her husband, the wife ordered this pendant and it says "I am waiting for my Benzimaus" set with 7 diamonds that weight total of 0.26 ct., to remind her and her husband her beloved dog Benzi.

Benzimaus.jpg

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Unusual an great story

Unusual this reminds me another unusual job I had to do, making one diamond earring with a secure closing system for a cat. It wasn't the cat but the lady cat owner who ordered it. :biggrin:

arnaud

gantzi

It is a little crazy.
Arnaud, funny story too, some people don't know what to do with their money :)

golden forge

Elite Cafe Member
At one of the shops that I worked for years ago, we had a costumer who would have us make jeweled collars for his Dachshund. The last one I did for him had around 32, 4mm pink sapphires, set in 14k yellow gold. Quirky guy, but he paid well.

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Lalique did many amazing dog collars, 4-5 hinged sections, in gold with diamond pave' work and opal for the background. One of his favorite clients was Sarah Bernhart (sp). He also was blessed with having a patron. The man that invented the rubber tire vulcanizing process, would buy any of Laliques items that didn't sell, and would pay the full asking price! Really allows an artist some freedom!

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice stories nice job, just saw a programm on TV about what pets costs during their life completely with a funeral ( after they are dead ofcourse....).
People are willing to spend huge amounts of money on their pets, to many people they are like kids to them.
Okay, you have to be good to your pets but sometimes they are humanized to much.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If they would just spend the same amount of time and money on kids.

gantzi

David, it's a funny story, if you have pictures of that collar, I'd be happy to see them
JJ, I totally agree, last week a lady wanted me to drill holes on the top of 25 plastic garden gnomes :)
Devonsounders, do you have any pictures ?

Latest posts

Sponsors