Announcement: Proportional Dividers

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, proportional dividers are also in the Mico-Mart catalog. The set I received are very well made indeed. Cost about $70.00,worth every penny.

scott99

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Richard, Keep them handy. The more you use them the more uses you will find for them. Say you need to layout a bracelet for scroll work. Odd numbers are most pleasing to the eye. You decide that an oval in the center will be your focal point. Mark your length of metal, say 6 inches, draw parallel lines at 5/8 inch (recent post) and cut your bracelet. When your prep work is done; filing, rounding the ends and laying out the boarder of say 3/16 inch. Find the center. Set the proportional dividers on the 2:1 mark. Place the point of the long side of the border in the borderline at each end, flip them over and you have longitudinal center. Do the same at this mark and you have horizontal center. Determine the size of the oval open area. I usually use one of my various drafting plastic oval templates that best fit the space. Your focal point will go in this space. initials, animal or maybe a brand. Set your dividers on the 3:1 mark. using the long side set one point in the border cut at the center of the rounded end, spread so the other point touches the near side of your oval space. Flip them over and tick off the three equally spaced sections for your scroll/fill work. I design and cut this sides basic lines Now do the wax/tape transfer to the other end. Finish your work. Quick and easy. Just an example of the use-lots of others. Fred

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Fred for the instructions, I have printed them out, I will give it a try when I finish some of my current projects, so little time, :mad:

Richard.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Brian, we only have to pay import duties if the value is above AUD$1000.00,( don't know about NZ), but the government is talking about reducing that amount, because retailers are complaining that they are loosing money due to internet purchasing, and yet they keep trying to rip us off, by charging double or in some cases triple the price from overseas,

Richard.

Sponsors