Knives recovered

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A post I hope it is true from another source that the knives stolen at the airport have been recovered all but three and the crook is in jail:whoo[1]:

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good news from Michael Donato:
"
Hope this finds you well.
I would like to share with you some amazing news. Thanks to the stellar detective work conducted by Detective Charles Shelton of the RDU Police Department all but 3 of the stolen knives have been recovered and returned to me.
This has been a very difficult time for us. Thanks to the support of my family, friends and clients I was able to make it through this.
I am excited to list some great knives on the site and will have them up as soon as possible. I look forward to fulfilling your future knife needs.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Michael A. Donato"

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
As to Silverchip's inquiry, the answer is both "yes", and "no". Depends upon how the initial bust went, what was in the jerk's possession at the time. . .better to be charged with three counts of theft, than 150 counts. Usually, the evidence is held 'til after the trial, which can take up to a year, or so, which depends upon the court's backlog and calendar. Recently, I got a call & letter from the BATF about a theft in which a weapon was recovered (not mine) and which was stolen about a year ago. One of the pistols stolen at the same time was recovered in a raid on the other side of town, and it took around 6 months to a year to wind up the case in case. The owner is getting his pistol back in a few weeks. The other stolen weapon may take longer. Normally, evidence is held onto throughout the duration of the case, and if Mr. Donato got his stuff returned right away, good for him. Since I'm not at the P.D. handling the case to see what's going on, it initially sounds as if things were handled in an expedient and forthright manner. Hopefully, experiences like this one will serve as a lesson to us all.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
Correction again

In my previous post, it should've read, " case in court", not 'case in case'. Happens all the time when I'm in a hurry. . .should do a lot more proofreading.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
well, that is great news! Mike would have undoubtedly been facing a nightmare investigation from the cops & insurance company to prove he wasn't involved in an inside job for the insurance money (because unfortunately that's how so many of these sorts of things happen). WHEW!

Latest posts

Sponsors