Engraved knives stolen at airport from Knifepurveyor Michael Donato

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I bet if there is a next time that person will stand at the luggage chute and pickup the bag as soon as it lands on the carousel.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Thanks Sam... I realize my point of view IS slightly skewed - towards carrying jewelry. (Or anything small and of high value)

The average person wouldn't have the same concerns.

The Jewelers Security Alliance used to have a little pamphlet on traveling advice for those with high end goods, dunno if they or it are still around?

I cannot take full credit for the suggestions... I'm pretty sure some came from them.

Brian

Last edited:

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
Since I'm no longer active, I don't know if the N.C.I.C. & C.L.E.A.N. systems provide for the broadcast of photos to the individual police cruisers if in the event of a stop. A quick check with a dispatcher did only mention that most of the cars do have computers, and a file of those photos my be able to be accessed in some other way, provided the officer follows through. Some small P.D.'s don't have such funding, but the photos are out there. Find out from the investigating agency if such access can be gained, in a stop, or otherwise. I'll do some more checking, in the mean time.

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Man that's to bad! Hopefully someone turns it back in when they realize they will be hard to sell without someone questioning the sale....

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I read on another site the the person that owned the bag was delayed and his bag arrived before he did and he was not at the carousel when his bag arrived. If that is true then I am not surprised someone else took it.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good news from Michael Donato:
Hope this finds you well.
I would like to share with you some amazing news. Thanks to the stellar detective work conducted by Detective Charles Shelton of the RDU Police Department all but 3 of the stolen knives have been recovered and returned to me.
This has been a very difficult time for us. Thanks to the support of my family, friends and clients I was able to make it through this.
I am excited to list some great knives on the site and will have them up as soon as possible. I look forward to fulfilling your future knife needs.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Michael A. Donato