music or not?

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Plenty of classical, Gershwin's Rapsody in Blue is my favorite. A whole lot of classic rock mixed with some alternative and a pinch of metal as well. It just depends on the day. I've even gone as far as listening to motivational tapes, but don't tell anybody. I have a reputation to protect. David

By the way Marcus, good call with Sabbath. Ozzy rules.

Robert Morales

Elite Cafe Member
Music?

My current taste is for the Blues. Exit 74 on the XM highway through a vintage Kenwood amp and a pair of 15" speakers, a few tweeters. It masks the "noise" of the GraverMax. I also enjoy the Jazz and New Age stations on XM.

Attachments

• DSCN2900.jpg
    DSCN2900.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 25

Mick

When I get seroius it's a walkman cd player and headphones. Thatr way I don't get distracted. CD's in my shop now include everything from Bella Fleck to Muddy Waters and some old Stephan Grappelli

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I almost always listen to music when doing something in one place for any significant amount of time.

Since I started getting into rock in the 60's, I still listen to most of the same music i've liked from then up to the 80's. The list is long...Led Zep, Clapton, Dire Straits, Allmann Bros, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Hendrix, Santana, Steve Winwood come to mind.

I also like classical and progressive jazz and of course blues. Some sax players I like are Stanley Turrentine, David Sanborn, and Tom Scott. Bluesmen, The "King" as in BB, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, and many others.

Music is one of my lifes pleasures and MP3 players make bringing it with me VERY convenient. Mine is already outdated as it is 512MB but having about 120 songs with me is quite nice.

Peter

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like to listen to mostly instrumentals; classic, gospel, classic country, classic rock and bluegrass. I'm in the process of getting some of Charlie Poole's bluegrass work as he is from around here. Maybe some of you banjer pickers can come to the Charlie Poole Festival next year; I'll post the time when it becomes available. This old B & B is cheap (zero dollars for fellow engravers!) and I cook a mean breakfast!

Bill

Magnus Jensen

Since there is a lack of time for reading, and I am a very slow reader I love listen to books on CD while working. Otherwise I prefer talk radio.
But if the urge for music rises yes put on some blues or rock.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi John,
Thank you for the nice compliment! Who sings "Let this be my prayer"? Maybe if I can find it.....I'll try to learn it.
We're supposed to be getting a DVD soon of the performance at the Abita Springs Opry. If it is half-way decent, maybe we will share!
Thank you again,
Abigail
You're more than welcome, Miss Abigail.
I loved hearing your beautiful voice and hope to hear it again.
Hope it works for you to include a link to your Abita Springs Opry performance in the future.
I believe that Celine Dion had " Let this be my prayer" first as a big hit.
It is also beautifully done on the "Celtic Women" show on PBS.
Andrew Bocelli (another favorite) performed it as a duet on one of his PBS shows also.
Hope you can hear it sometime, it would suit your voice I think.
Best regards, John B.

Jude

During store hours we listen to an independent radio station out of Vermont, called The Point. Very cool station.
If I'm working before or after hours I'll hit the shuffle button in my Itunes library and hear, among others, Springsteen, Steve Earle, John Hiatt, Clapton, Lucinda Williams, Mark Knopfler, Stevie Ray, Buddy Guy....
I love my music.
Jude

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
....but it's probably the most accurate post on this topic yet.:D
That's funny right there. HAHAHA Just be glad he doesn't use Hammer & Chisel so much anymore.;)

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cool Abigail and Sam. I'll get the dates and post them, plus they are in the initial stages of starting a banjo museum here in Eden. Hope it happens. If you want to come to the festival you are more than welcome to stay here at the house, plus we are about a mile from the festival location.

Bill

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam and Abigail,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

Is a spectacular source of "intelligent speech" radio, with everything from arts, drama, plays, stories, history,world news, critiques, etc., all commercial free, and it has a huge archive of past programs so you can hear things from start to finish and pause for coffee. In Britain we each pay a licience fee of about $150 a year, for the BBC to offer its huge range of programs, yet surprisingly it is available free over the internet!

There are about five BBC radio stations available depending upon your taste in music and drama, all commercial free.

Rod

Sam Bluegrass That is cool it's only Bluegrass in this house, truck,workshop, and wt work. Bluegrass forever!!!!

Randy

Latest posts

Sponsors