GRS gravermach foot pedal problem???

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Ok folks I need some help. Seems hammering in large quantities of 24k gold, 14k green gold and fine silver your tools hammer back.
I seem to have a leak coming from my GRS gravermach footpedal. I cant feel the leak but I can hear it. It's making my handpiece go full throttle. Anybody had this problem?? I'll call GRS tomorrow but I though I'd ask on here as well. Thanks

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You have a leak in the hose or the pedal needs adjustment. There should be about 12mm distance between the edge of the brass piece and the edge of the set screw if you look through the access hole in the bottom.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
could be a cracked hose, or the valve cylinder has slipped on its shaft and needs repositioned & the set screw retightened (the most likely cause). give me a call if you'd like...
mitch

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Rex and Mitch. With that bit of info I realized the valve cylinder indeed slipped and it was an easy fix.
Easy because of the help, much appreciated.

Back to work.....

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You see Jeff - it is a very good to have friends like Rex and mitch. All members ready to give us help when we need it.
Thanks a lot

Baxter

Thanks for the advice. Mine must have slipped as it was working yesterday and today nothing happens when I press down on the pedal. There is pressure in the lines so this must be it. I'll attempt to fix it tomorrow and see how that goes.

pietraz

Thank you for this post!!!!!!!!

This post saved me hours of banging my head against the wall to figure out why my foot throttle wasn't working at all today when yesterday it was!!! Never knew that adjustment set screw was even there!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors