Ring Genie questions

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
i really like the features this jig has and i am in the market for one. There really is not a lot of current reviews on it that i could find, mainly the reviews that i have seen have been right after it was released. So my question is to those that own it after the "new" has worn off is it still a great unit to have? Have you found any quirks with it?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Being a goldsmith stone setter engraver the Ring Genie is one of my best tools. It holds rings like nothing else when doing stone setting and engraving.
The layout features I barely use them, that because I do that by eyesight like most stone setters. The Ring Genie can scribe some layout but not that precise.
Also drilling holes in a ring that can be done using the Ring Genie, I don't.
The biggest advantage of the tool is that a ring can easily be turned around when working on it, whether stone setting or engraving. And no other tool will prevent vibrations like the Ring Genie.
I also use all kind of other collets than the one that come with the Ring Genie. I also use the collets that come in the box, both aluminum and nylon.

arnaud

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Beladran

I Hand Engrave allot of high end rings for Jewelers and for my own Customers and I use the Ringinie all the time. It picked up my time to layout and engrave my rings at least 2 times faster if not more. I am now starting to set Gems into my rings and I know that this tool will be very helpful. One thing though if you are doing rings for a business and seem to have allot of work. This Jig makes allot of sense. If you are only doing a couple of rings then do what I did I watched Sams videos and noticed what he uses to engrave rings with ( which is a GRS ring holder ) Then take it from there. This is just my 2 cents on this subject.

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the replies guys. I just started working on the weekends at my inlaws jewelry store a couple weeks ago and starting next month I will be there full time. Being so new to this I figured anything I can do to help me complete jobs faster will be money well spent on my part.

Latest posts

Sponsors