Taurus Titanium revolver

oakleave

hello engraver friends,
Did anyone try to work on a titanium revolver? What graver and geometry do you recomend?
Thnak you :thumbsup:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
arnaud has posted quite a bit of ti work. don't know if he's embellished a ti gun tho. look up his posts- a lot of useful info there on ti work.

Andrew Biggs

Okay....we will keep this on track and I've deleted a few posts.

This is not, I repeat, not, a place for airing subjects like shooting people, politics and all the rest of it. There's plenty of other areas you can do that on the internet.

So let's all keep calm and carry on :)

Cheers
Andrew

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oakleave,

Now that we've dispensed with the comments that were irrelevant to your question, I will try to answer. Not many Taurus revolvers ever get engraved because they are usually considered shooters not collector grade guns, so you may not find another engraver who has cut a titanium model. The best information I can give you is that I engraved the titanium cylinder of my S&W Mountain Lite .357 magnum and it cut without any trouble. You may have seen the gun with my display at the last Engrave-In. To test the ability to cut, I engraved the serial number on the back face of the cylinder. I'll also note that the cylinder of a revolver is usually the hardest component (except SS Ruger Vaquero loading gates), so if you can cut the cylinder the rest should be no problem.

Good luck on your project,
Roger

oakleave

Roger, thank you for your constructive feedback and that you brought some of your work to the engrave in for us to admire.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
roger: what graver configuration , & did you use a lube ?

Monk,

I really don't remember what I used but I know it was nothing special. It was flare cut so I either used a 116 or 123 degree with a parallel heel. As to lube, if I used any, it was Liquid Wrench.

Roger

Latest posts

Sponsors