Announcement: Engraving 101: Drill press stand, used as a working table

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for looking.

Something I must add that I did not mention in the video is that, the drill press stand can be modified to fit under your desk, in other words you can cut the height to fit under your table, its an option but not a must.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

http://youtu.be/dKAgcq-F96Y

Texasgerd

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos
Congrats on upgrading from the chair for a vise stand. You can re-purpose the drill press motor setup into a dedicated sharpener w/ the diamond wheels.
I re-made a stand using conduit and plate steel. Good chunk of welding and tinkering to make it, but it works fine.
It is also nice to see the clutter at your workbench finally reaching an acceptable level.

Dan

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It is very pleasant to see that you have an upgrading from the chair to a vise stand.

clocksdr

Carlos,
It's hard for me to admit but I'm using a metal stool for my engraving stand now. But I like the drill press. :thumbsup:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
when you fiddle with something and---- it works- never look back ! just go with it. i wish you had posted this before i spent half my life making my scope cart.

Last edited:

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos
Congrats on upgrading from the chair for a vise stand. You can re-purpose the drill press motor setup into a dedicated sharpener w/ the diamond wheels.
I re-made a stand using conduit and plate steel. Good chunk of welding and tinkering to make it, but it works fine.
It is also nice to see the clutter at your workbench finally reaching an acceptable level.

Dan

Is this an acceptable level of clutter?

As you all know, I know exactly where every tool is

My new spot to hang my optivisor, very useful when I sharpen.

Carlos De La O III

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393787348599.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393787348599.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors