Help, please: Wide mouth containers for holding chemicals

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello everyone and thanks for looking.

Here is an idea I have.

Since I work with firearms and I use several chemicals, I usually have to poor the chemicals out into a bigger container so I can dip my parts into, then I have to poor them back into their original container since this takes up time I usually have to remove, for example, the blueing off the gun all at one time. I would prefer to remove lets say the cylinder bluing and then engrave it, french grey it and put it away then move on to the next piece.

Last gun that I did since I removed all the finish I had to place it in a bag spray it with wd40 to keep it from rusting.

Basically what I need is wide mouth container where I can dip my parts in and continue to work as efficiently as possible.

I found this item and was wondering if it would work or if you guys have solved this problem.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B515DNC...TF8&colid=1M2CBOSHELORC&coliid=I1XFATGYOH31MS
Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
should do the trick as long as there are no hot liquids that would deform the container. also no chemicals which would soften or even disolve the container. carolina biological .com offers all manner of glass and plastic containers that might serve you as well. most of this labware is heavy duty. the pyrex line of glass ware will definetly take lots of heat.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Monk

Thanks, I went I ahead and ordered one container to try it out I use Amazon Prime so I get free shipping.

I'll keep you guys posted

Carlos De La O III

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I use Rig Universal gun grease to keep any gun I have sitting around in the white from rusting,I buy it from Brownell's also like the Rig-Rag sheepskin wiper,it work for me and there's no smell.:thumbsup: J.J.

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos

Some of the nice makers when they are doing Damascus use A acid etch. I took my idea from them which was to get 4" - 6 " black Plumbers pipe and cut to the length we need then glue a end cap on one side and the other a screw peek hole cover for the other side Just a idea for you to play with

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rig is very good, also a product called fluid film made for marine use is also excellent

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dogcatcher

That's what I want to avoid, I already do that, it's too time consuming.

I just want to dip and go

Carlos De La O III

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
Some chemicals will melt some plastic containers, even though they came in plastic, the new container must be of the same type of plastic. If not you may find your chemicals have melted the new container.

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
For French Greying I use a 10x10x4" Tupperware container with lid. Shallow works better for me as all parts are easy to retrieve..... I keep about 1 1/2" of acid in it. Works great with no mess.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Be careful that you never store over head. Lots of safety precautions if you don't want to be blind or breathing with an oxygen tank. label everything as toxic and acid in case someone else has to deal with them. Also remember that the fumes can effect metal around the storage area or even the whole shop. Fred

Sponsors