Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guns

85 48.57%
  • Knives

100 57.14%
  • Jewelry

101 57.71%
  • Western articles (buckles, bits, spurs, etc)

43 24.57%
  • Watches

31 17.71%
  • Musical instruments

15 8.57%
  • Motorcycles

20 11.43%
  • Hobo nickels

22 12.57%
  • Non-metals (glass, scrimshaw, wood, etc)

25 14.29%
  • Art printing plates (limited edition prints, etc)

8 4.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice plates, I only been at this since Sept. Hope to go toa class after the first of the year
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

As a beginer I've only done [h&c] practice plates, and a few western brown buckles. I hope to do spurs, and bits in the near future. By the way, how about more western related post. Like I said, I'm new and could any helpfull ideas, or suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Guns, knives, jewelry, musical instruments,plus I restore the original factory stampings on antique motorcycle and automobile parts

Post Thanks / Like

The poll is interesting personally I didn't think Jewelry engravers would to be so high in the poll, I've been engraving about 20 years I've never taken a class per say my work is good but compared to someone like Sam
    lets say I get by and I just about can get work done because of the phone ringing with retail jewelers from all over the nation calling to see if I'll do work for them some I take on others I send to forums like this to see if they can find someone closer: I have an account in Hawaii no big deal except I'm in NJ he tells me he can't find a jewelry hand engraver to do his work closer, I have several accounts in CA. But then again the poll only has 30 or so names the JBT book has about 200,000 jewelers listed so guess there's plenty of work to go around .

Post Thanks / Like

guns, knives, tomahawks, jewelry, buckles, bike parts, glass etching, wood carving, pet urns, people urns,granite tombstones, yard stones, and a toilet seat and lid ! yes, i'm a prostitute , and damn proud of it !

Post Thanks / Like

Default metal engraving

join my 12 step program when those thoughts creep into your head--drink 12 beers, the urge to engrave metal will soon pass !

Post Thanks / Like

There is what I like to engrave, guns/knives and what I find my self doing, handcuffs and zippo lighters

Post Thanks / Like

you left out one catagory and that makes up about 75% of what i engrave.that would be silver.in my case especially being in kentucky its julep cups.they are given for everything.silver holloware is very popular in the south.the race tracks here,churchill downs and keeneland all give silver.as far as i know i am the only woman to engrave the 14k gold derby cup.i always have more to do during spring and fall racing seasons. donnathe

Post Thanks / Like

Donna is the Derby cup used over and over like the Stanley cup? That's pretty cool to be the one to engrave it. Ahhh mint juleps I do like to have a few with the race or any race
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Donna, it,s good to see another ky. forum member here..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast