Critique Request Drawing practice

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Again a drawing practice after a while of quiet time.
I took all your advises from the past in these and tryed to keep it simple and consistent as possible.
I hope there is a little improvement comparing to my previous " chaos" drawing.
I am aware that my drawing of the shadow lines is crappy but this is very difficult to do with pencil.
All comments are welcome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

Ste82

Elite Cafe Member
In my opinion it is elegant and consistent...if i can, my five cents, maybe a border along the segments to divide de scrolls?
Ste

Julia.J

If there were something 'chaotic' about your last practice, it's not there anymore- really good drawing. Some minor things; the scrolls on the left are wider than the ones on the right, but to be honest, I didn't notice it until I took some time to study it further. It's rich and detailed, but because of those different sized segments, it's not too heavy to view. Be proud, you're doing great.

Edit: I take back that comment about left scrolls being wider than the right- just noticed my screen is too light, didn't see the lines properly :)

~Julia

Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tnank you for the nice and encouraging comments.
@Ste, the thick blue lines inbetween the elements are supposed to be raised with a profile rolling mill.
I made necklaces in the past with parts that were sandblasted but now it's nice to make sketches for these modells.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Sam and also the people who clicked the like button and those who wrote the other comments.
First I had no intention to cut this but maybe I should reconsider and change my mind.
So i may draw the conclusion that there is some improvement in my drawings, from chaos to the comments now is a minor step for mankind but a big step for me.....;)

Latest posts

Sponsors