Photography Tutorial by Andy Shinosky [FANTASTIC!]

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Forum people!
I haven't posted in a long time. But I still swing by now and then to see what's going on. I have been wanting to make this tutorial for a couple years now. I finally found some free time to create it. I know a lot of folks without a photography background struggle getting good photos of their work. Hence this tutorial. It utilizes a technique called light painting and it's pretty easy and inexpensive to do as opposed to all the light tent contraptions we usually end up with. Keep in mind that I'm really not a fluent teacher like Sam, but I struggled through this making it as clean as I could. Let me know what you think.

[video=youtube;-uT6tmYqFcQ]

Last edited:

kraftrourke

This video is great, thanks!

One thing that might help with Photoshop file management: once you flatten an image and save, you can't go back to tweak individual layers. Only flatten a copy of the photoshop file, or even better, make duplicates of each layer then flatten those (hide the original layers) Now you have the flattened image to export, as well as the original layers if editing again later. If going back to tweak, you can easily A/B compare the original flattened to your new changes. This is what I learned long ago, newer versions of photoshop may have fixed this need.

Last edited: