Whale versus Squid

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Just finished this whale tooth for a customer.
JJ

Attachments

• whale.tooth.squid.final.jpg
    whale.tooth.squid.final.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 250

Newton Pens

Elite Cafe Member
I love scrimshaw. I have a project I do with my art students where they paint several layers of shellac onto some heavy paper and then they scratch into it with the point of an xacto knife and do the fill with black (or whatever color they prefer) oil pastel. When they wipe the excess pastel away they're left with really clean lines.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
JJ did his homework Monk!
Notice the tentacle wrapping around the whale's body.
The squid , then inserts the tip of his tentacle into the blow hole, which smothers the whale.
Voila' ! Smothered whale served on a bed of seaweed, surrounded by clams and mussels is the giant squid's favorite meal.
This, coincidentally, is also a favorite Japenese recipe, derived from Mother Nature.
Bon' Appetite' !
Jeff

Footnote-
Fot those requiring C.E. credits to fullfill any yearly certification requirments in the B.S. field, this study will provide 3:banana:s towards reaching your goal.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You all are very pre-octipied with who won the battle! Looks like a stalemate to me. The whale is using his weight and bigger size to his advantage but the squid has more tenticular fortitude! It does however look like the Octopus is about to score a hole in one like atexascoboy2011 stated! Just did some research. It appears that whales eat squid and would most likely be the victor. Here's an actually video of squid versus octopus.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=8785DF4662747B3947188785DF4662747B394718

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i prefer squid on a bed of barbecued whale blubber, sauteed in apple cider.

Latest posts

Sponsors