Announcement: Hobo nickel carving video by MrThe now on sale

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
mrthe_dvd.jpg

I just received my copy and it's great! If you've ever wanted to give coin carving a try this is a great way to start. Paolo "MrThe" carves his famous skull design and shows you every step along the way.

14 chapters which include drawing the hat, carving the hat, drawing the skull, carving the skull, the neck, the border, background removal, and final finishing and blackening.

You'll see how he achieves different textures and finishes to produce his sought after collector coins.

The same techniques can be used to carve other subjects as well, so this is a great way to learn coin carving from a great carver.

My set includes the complete set of castings which are perfect reproductions of Paolo's work. It's like having actual carved coins on your bench for reference as you carve your own coins.

The video has no audio, but pertinent information is subtitled in English.

Order today from MrThe's Hobo Nickels website.

mrthe

Thank you Sam for your review and Post i hope that people will like it.

mrthe

I have just starting in make black resin casting, they aren't inked,more clear ,and is more easy see the cuts and volumes under the scope or with naked eyed,if someone is interested this option is avaible for the set 1 ( 1 casting Skull) please sent me a message if you are interested in it instead the white one

mrthe

Orders made before the day 24 was shipped all the day 23 thank you for the interest ,Merry Christmas!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i ordered mine using some stolen grocery money. it's so nice when your spouse is so trusting !

Danomite

Very interesting. Coin carving is the main reason that I am interested in engraving. Does the video also outline the tools that you will need to do the carving also?

mrthe

Hi Danomite, in the video i show the graver points that i use to carve, that are not very much, but yes you can have a general idea in what tool i use for every step seeing the video.

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
Very interesting. Coin carving is the main reason that I am interested in engraving. Does the video also outline the tools that you will need to do the carving also?

Each chapter lists the graver(s) used for the chapter, and other "tools" & materials applicable to the chapter, e.g., a torch for blackening, dividers, finishing wax recipe, etc.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
thanks, paolo. got my copy in about 7 days. i'd advise this for even those not specifically wanting to do hobos. there's a lot to learn, just by watching the video to see how he handles texturing amongst other things. the casting supplied, was excellent as well. btw=thanks for the business card. it is beautifully done.

mrthe

Thank you to you Monk! i'm happy to know that you like it and was delivered in just 7 days!

Sponsors