Engraved Titanim eyeglasses

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You probably remember my attempt on FES and FAS
Here is the first result of a pair Titanium grade 5 eyeglasses I engraved.
Later if you like more, I will add my fine English version on another pair of Ti eyeglasses I finished recently.

arnaud

phil

Elite Cafe Member
Nice job Arnaud. I wanted to do something similar on my glasses but I couldn't see anything when I took them off to work on them. Heeheee.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
lovely looking job, arnaud. how did you secure this to do the engraving ?

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Nice, but you forgot your logo/signature. In my book that is a first (engraved frames)!
Took a while to figure out the hinge looking piece is a clamp, I guess due to the rigidity of the frames, for replacing the lenses.
Congrats on an original idea, executed with taste.
Jeff

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos, these photos are hosted on FB, if you still can’t see the photos you probably have to be logged in on FB.

Thanks Jo

Thanks Dave, indeed I tried to stylize the acanthus even more to obtain an more modern look.

Thanks Doc, the frames I didn’t designs them but I do like them because there is enough area to be engraved.

David, sterling silver probably is too heavy weight, especially when you try making them solid.

Thank you Phil, that is one of the reasons why I didn’t want to engrave too small, as the owner can’t use these eyeglasses to look at the engraved design.

Thanks Paolo

Thanks Willem, I tried to keep the design basic

Thanks Monk, To hold it in my vise I first took it apart, then used ThermoLock and heated the frame so it sort of glued. Worked perfect. If I will do more of these O will think about a fixture to hold these.

Thanks Gordon

Jeff, I didn’t forget to sign it but I wasn’t aloud at first. I the jewelry business it is common to work anonymous. That is why at first I could tell what I was working on. However plans have changed and now they realize it add an extra value when a hand engraving is signed by the engraver.

Thanks Don

Thanks Ray, yes I hope so. I’m sure there is a market for engraved eyeglasses, especially the Ti frames.

And thank all others for pushing the like it button.

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is another pair I first had to study the FES with your help.
Marcus now has shipped a copy of his book, dvd and casting on the subject.
I know the engraving on this pair isn't done the traditional English way (FES) but another more stylized modern version I call it FAS.
The outside work I only did on the sides and could have worked on the front as well. I will try on another pair.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors