Need a Ring Engraved

Layne

Hello everyone,
I'm having some trouble finding someone to engrave a ring for me. I want it engraved on the inside, and it's made of titanium. The inner diameter is .655" and the width is .125", making the letters no more than .1" tall. There are 32 letters, not script but somewhat curly. Is there anyone on here that would even try such a thing?

Thanks,
Layne

Daniel Houwer

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Layne,

Does it have to be a handengraving? If it does, there will be sombody able to do it.
If it doesn't a good jewellers shop will have a ring engraver that can put anything in your ring as long as they have the right letters. No problem with titanium.
In Holland we allso have some laser engraving company's. You provide them with a digital foto of what has to be engraved, and they wil laser it in. Must be some in America to.
Just a thought.

Good luck.

Daniel

Layne

Thanks for the reply Daniel. There are a few problems with the machines. 1) all the ones here locally only do one type of letter, a block about twice as wide as it is high, that looks like crap and won't fit the number of letters I require. 2) there are more complex machines that can do almost any font but my phrase is in romanian and has some little commas under some of the letters and those machines can't do that. I found one laser place that may be able to handle it, they can engrave all sorts of emblems and artwork but their website didn't say if they can do rings. I don't care for the way the laser work looks though, so I'd much rather have it done by hand.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i have a laser and it wont do the inside. and as for my skills doing the inside, well let's just say i aint had the practice required !

maryw

TAYLORS, SC (BETWEEN GREENVILLE & SPARTANBURG
I've done the inside of a few rings, but it is a script lettering. Would be interested in seeing what you want done and do some practice rings with it. I had a request to put "I love you more than chocolate" inside a ring when I first began - so I declined. Later my husband told me I couldn't do it and that was all it took. I did it on the inside of an earring ring. Good luck in your search.
Mary W

Layne

Hello Mary,
I'm glad to see that someone has done some rings before. Do you have any experience with titanium? I can send an aluminum or brass practice ring to anyone that wants to give it a try, I don't have so much of the titanium. If you go to microsoft word and select the 'monotype corsica' font, that is exactly what I want, with the addition of the little comma I mentioned earlier. Tomorrow I'll try to scan a paper I have showing the exact relationship of the letters to the ring size and post it here. Do you have some picture of your previous work I can look at?

Thnaks so much!

maryw

TAYLORS, SC (BETWEEN GREENVILLE & SPARTANBURG
I have 3 photos in the gallery here. They are under 'miscellaneous.' One is a belt buckle that my son made and I engraved a name on it; one is on a crystal vase, and one is a a circular engraved saying on a silver Vera Wang candle box.
Mary W

Layne

Mary,
Your work is stunning! As is your son's, I love that belt buckle. Why don't you give me a call and we can talk some more about my project, or PM your number and I'll call you. My number is: nine seven nine, two 0 four, twenty nine forty four (I have to be careful, I even get spammed by telephone these days!)

Latest posts

Sponsors