Question about Soldering Equipment

Samuel

Peter,

I would like to also add some thoughts, Like some Japanese silver smiths I frequently use a propane fueled large bunsen burner for brazing( hard soldering) copper, bronze,silver and gold. it wont do chain or pick soldering but for medium sized work it does alright, also you can manipulate the heat with heat sinks and shields to isolate the part to be soldered. I did not think it would work until someone showed me . also i just recieved an extra hoke torch as part of an estate purchase , brand new in the box , no hoses . that you are more than welcome to if you cover shipping . its a good torch with a ton of tips available for it , everything from needle points to melting tips, also if you plan on small work, please for the love of god , hot dogs or whatever consider some quality two stage regulators, designed for use with smaller torches. it will make adjusting , and holding the flame to the desired size SO much more enjoyable .

All the best,

Samuel

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Samuel,
That sounds like a great offer and if the Hoke torch would be suitable I would be happy to have it. As I mentioned, I have been doing work in silver making rings, pendants and I am currently working on a round box about 2 inches in diameter. I don't have much experience with soldering equipment but if you think the Hoke would serve me well I would be happy to pay the shipping.

Thanks,
Peter

Samuel

Peter,

although its not the best torch in the world If I only had to choose one torch the hoke would be a strong contender.

pm me with shipping info

Samuel

Latest posts

Sponsors