My Winchester Model 12 Skeet

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful job Brian. I like what you've done with the gold tones. Your right the 24k with have the rich gold tone and the alloyed gold will lighten slightly to yellow.
Again nice work.

FL-Flinter

Elite Cafe Member
Excellent work Brian and definitely not "over-done", I don't like cluttered scenes and yours is just right. Color contrast between the dogs is a wonderful touch too, as you stated, even if the dogs are twins, the light is not going to be hitting both of them in the same way and their coats will not appear to be the same color even if they actually are. The scroll is very well done too, just enough to frame the scene. If you need the practice, I've got a naked model 12 in 20ga built in 1937 I can send you.

Glenn,
Will a field grade do ya for a 28ga?

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian, You did good, Son...Ha Ha Ha. Sorry I haven't been too attentive. Just trying to catch up now. It takes a bundle of time to read all of this stuff and even more to comment. I have been hard at it. My Winchester is coming along. Already have two months in just the wood work, ivory inlays, wood carving etc.
Am about to start on the metal. I am not sure about the drawings I have done. Think I will start over on that. Some new ideas have invaded my planning, so will pursue them. Anyway, I have to keep at it while it is rolling. I'll talk to you guys later........Ron S

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Richard............good stuff on those model 42's. Thanks for the link.

And to my adopted dad, Ron Smith:
Thanks for the Kudos and I understand completely about getting engrossed in a project. Can't wait to see the Winchester.
Grand Masters is about 4 weeks away........hopefully, I'll see you there!

Brian

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fl-Flinter----Thanks for the appraisal!
As far as your Model 12 is concerned, I can't say when I'd get time to practice on it.....It could sit around here for years....maybe decades!
If you're willing to wait a while (wink,wink),I'm willing to let you send it to me.
(It probably has a solid barrel rib,too) LOL

Brian

FL-Flinter

Elite Cafe Member
Nope, mine is the old plain jane field model, no rib. She ain't much to look at but I can tear 'em up on the sporting clay's range (at least I used to be able to anyway).

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Brian, practice, practice, practice. Sporting clays is very tough imho, I've shot 1000's of rounds & still not too good, maybe get a little more than 1/2. :rolleyes:
Kent

Latest posts

Sponsors