How to make money engraving?

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Not necessarily true... 99.9% of my bench work comes from relatively long distances away.

I am on the West Coast, and my clients are mostly in the Southwest, North Pacific Coast, Florida and the East Coast.

Closest one is maybe 700 miles away?

I do not advertise, nor do I use the Internet for much more than confirming orders or questions... simply been around a long, long time...

Brian

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Dani just my 2 cents worth I think you said your in Lithgow there is and engraver down in Gosford by the name of Dick (richard ) Chapman hes does a lot of gun and knife work it may pay to try and get in touch with him as he may have enquiries for work that doesnt fit his time frame or price that he could put your way or do some on a commission bases.
Dick is the gent that first got me interested in engraving many years ago when I worked in the gun trade in sydney I remember when he started out working for himself is a slow road but if you realy want to do it you can. ps should you make contact can you get his phone number and PM me I know he moved house and I only have his old phone number I would be grateful .
Ray

JOEYS CARVED ART

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Dani girl, I have seen your work, you should not have any problem selling your items. You do great work especially for no longer than you have been at it. "If you build it, they will come"

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
I did notice that it is a very old tread, so Dani, two year latter did you answer your own question and if so how did you proceed?

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dani, I to would be interested in your status as an engraver for hire. Has your reputation moved up the scale? Are you att the point that your waiting list is starting to scare you? Fred

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey I just checked this thread for the first time in years and found there are several new posts.

Go full everyone in. What I have done to build my business. Made business cards. No website. Printed some photo books of my work which I sell for 45-50 at knife shows I attend. I have gained a decent reputation in the knife community in Australia. Work load varies between a knife every couple of months to several at once... especially in the run up to knife shows.

I am at the same job in town but work is slowing and I only get a couple of days a week. So I am doing an online diploma with a completely flexible time frame and trying to keep up with my work load.

Thanks marrinan ... you are interested????!!!!

Thanks rayf24

Sponsors