Workbench thread

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
New addition

I love this thread, its funny the things you can get excited about. Wanted to show my new addition to my workbench that will be used for engraving. The bench/shelf slides in and out from underneath the table. My workbench, an old solid oak library table from sears, was the first piece of new furniture my parents ever bought when they got married. Another thing that makes me smile is my gunstock tool holder. The gunstock was from my Dads hunting rifle that he used for 30+ years until he fell in the woods one day and cracked it. Next on the upgrade list is drawers and doors for my shelving. I just noticed in these pics how much that shelf sags on the top! lol. When I built the shelves about 4 years ago I made them level not realizing that the table had bowed slightly over the years. I better stay away from professional furniture building and stick to scrimshaw & engraving!

Oh and one last thing, did you know that buying solid oak is about like buying gold! Holy cow is that stuff expensive!

Attachments

• wb-2.jpg
    wb-2.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 911
  • wb-1.jpg
    wb-1.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 913

rrupp

engraving station

engraving station.jpg
My wife gave me half of her pottery room. the tv is so I can have Sam life size while I watch him cut lettering

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My new setup

Started working fr the backside of my engraving bench. Easier just to slide over from file work.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

keyman79

I like your bench idea. I'm currently setting up a studio and I too would like to utilize a corner area. Do you feel that the 3/4 top is solid enough?

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
3/4 should be fine depending on how much you are spanning. And what your build is like.
Mine is 1.5" but still vibrates when I hammer. That's in the build tho, not the thickness.

JOEYS CARVED ART

Elite Cafe Member
This is an awesome thread. I love looking at the different ways other engravers have their benches set up. It is a great thread to get ideas for utilizing space.

Zukiidesigns

Looks great! I'm trying to set up my bench and yours gives
me some good ideas. How far back did you mount your
microscope? Thanks in advance.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
now i can't even remember if i ever posted pics of my set-up. anybody know how to check without skimming 26 pgs?

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
::::Pledge Member::::

Karlspinks

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
After a long time I have an engravers bench again. This time in Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Ikea, a Local Camel black smith and a long awaited shipment from The Netherland combined to a nice setup. I have uploaded the drawings that I made for reference and free use.

Attachments

• IMG_7900.jpg
    IMG_7900.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 324
  • JMQA3604.jpg
    JMQA3604.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 320
  • JHQT9258.jpg
    JHQT9258.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_7906.jpg
    IMG_7906.jpg