Gunstock Art Nouveau III

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Dimov, I love your work. Your carving is exceptional and the design is original to you. Originallity is something that I strive for myself in my designs although I have to maintain a more traditional design for my customers. One day I am going to get creative and just do design from my heart and if it does not sell I will keep it for me.

Great work my friend

cropduster

Elite Cafe Member
Evgeni,

Fantastic work - a pleasure to see. I particularly liked the underside of the forearm.

I have personally checkered many gunstocks but have never done one in the "basket weave" pattern you did. Did you have to harden the wood or do any special sealing before carving?

Is this something you would be willing to share?

Again, great work! - Cropduster

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Mike Cirelli , Bama and cropduster

... One day I am going to get creative and just do design from my heart and if it does not sell I will keep it for me....

Bama , I'm sure that this stock will not remain a long time at your home
I'm sure :thumbsup:

... Did you have to harden the wood or do any special sealing before carving? ...
No, not necessary any processing of wood before doing the carving basket weave
Important it is only : attention , and best cutting of chisels ---> often sharpening

This is quite enough for the successful work

Maybe you will be interesting a photo below:

These are my successive steps of basket weave cutting

Nothing difficult and complicated . Just attention and best cutting of chisels
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As I reread this post it brings to mind a myth and legend that early American frontiersmen gave the trusted companion weapon a name, usually feminine. Many stories of Davy Crocket, Daniel Boone, Jim Bowie, Isaac Parker, Jim Bridger, Kit Carson, Wyatt Earp and even Teddy Roosevelt abound. So what should this work be named after, Helen of Troy, Venice, Angelina, Dolly, Brook, Katrina?