Announcement: Video : How to carve a Hobo Nickel Skull

mrthe

How to carve a Hobo Nickel Skull Video.
I was recording this video yesterday, is not an instructional video ,only the way that i do it,nothing more.
The HD version is being encoded by Vimeo and will be avaible soon i hope.
No Audio on it ,only text.
My English is very bad , bad than my musical taste for some people.......
55 minutes of hobo nickel carving.....enjoy it is Free ;)

[video=vimeo;73531827]http://www.vimeo.com/73531827[/video]

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice video Paolo, I watched it HD. Only had to skip some parts as 55 minutes is a lot of time to stay concentrated.

arnaud

mrthe

Thank you for the nice comments Willem , Arnaud and Bram!
Arnaud you are right maybe 55 munutes is too long , the original version was 1 hour and 45 minutes the real time that i had needed to carve this nickel, some people tell me in do it a long version to see better all the process but i'm with you is a little bored to watch, but maybe for new carvers is interesting have more video to watch ;)

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes Paolo, if one needs all the info on the how, the longer the better. Those who have the know how probably a shorter one will do.
And that is the hard part on mounting a video, telling the same story in less time.

arnaud

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Excellent video Paolo, and altough a bit long it is nice to see it all done in detail and it's pleasand you discribing the gravers you are using.
And you can forward the video with the slide button if you feel the need.
Thanks again!

Paolo, WOW what a great video. I honestly glued with my laptop for 55 min, not got away for a second. Thank you for posting this amazing video. What a great job. Nice to see how its done. Cheers, AK

mrthe

Arnaud before see your post with the photos of your rings where you show your photo set-up i have make a little experiment and a modification to my homemade Hobo Nickels PhotoStudio:

and this is the result,i have used only the light coming from my window that you see in the previous photo,i'm very happy with it,thank you for share ;)

click heare to see it bigger

mrthe

Yes work great ! yes i don't need a tripod the first glass set at 45 reflect directly the light on the nickel and the second one horizontal is my tripod hehe

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Paolo

What a pleasure to look at this film I have enjoyed concentrated 55 minutes you followed while making these nickel. Thanks for sharing, I again learned a lot, greetings Caty.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Great video! Very informative.
I have a nickel here somewhere, but too afraid to have a go in case I become addicted :D

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not just for hobos it's all there-- direct drawing, cutting to a line, popping out of a cut, leveling with a flat, texturing, shaping by sculpting.newbies should watch this many, many times. what a gift you have given us, paolo. thanks so much for doing this.