Arizona engravers?

Hi everyone,

Just was curious if any of you experienced engravers are living in or near the Phoenix area. It seems like all the "engravers" I am catching word of through the jewelry trade are actually not engravers, however they do alot of practice on customer's pieces, if you catch my drift.

Anyway, I did speak with a gun engraver named Paolo Barbetti who is up in Cave Creek, which is about an hour from where I am. I am planning to go visit him, he said he was not prepared to teach right now but would be happy to show me his shop and give some tips to point me in the right directions. Do any of you happen to know of him?

I just figured I would inquire here if there were any locals. I couldn't figure out if there was a way to search the directory by location, I don't think there is.

Thanks,
Michael

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You can look in the "Googlemap ME" area. Smallpatch is in the Mesa, AZ area. Not everyone puts their pin in the map, so it is only a partial listing of where everyone lives.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Small patch may be none other than Don Patch but I'm not certain. There is also a man named Philip Quigley around Tucson I think. He may not teach though, too busy.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Arizona, Mesa - Dane Lund (Smallpatch)
Arizona, Phoenix - Art Gaudette (banjo art)
Arizona, Phoenix - Jon C. Dake (Jon C. Dake)
Arizona, Prescott Valley - Tom White (Tom White)

Jon C. Dake

Michael: If you are wanting to learn how to engrave, you might do what Tom White and I both did and that is to take classes from Rachel Wells up at the Yavapai Community College in Prescott. When I attended the engraving classes there was another fellow in my class who also came up from Phoenix once a week for the evening class. You will learn most all of the basics and a good bit of the more advanced stuff as well. Good luck with your engraving. Jon

silverswede

I just relocated to Mesa from Idaho, so I can drive my Corvette all year long. I am currently engraving John Wayne Shootist BB revolvers for Pyramyd Air. I have been engraving the guns for The Happy Trails Childrens foundation for the past 20 years. Conrad S. Anderson

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In answer to your question, I do know Paolo Barbetti. He's been at it for a long time and was featured in my first book back in 1980.

V150super

I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm looking for instruction in the Phoenix area as well. I sent a message to Bryan, and I hope to hear back from him, but I feel like I read somewhere that he retired. I also looked for an engraving class up at Yavapai CC, but could only find the gunsmithing class. If anybody knows of any classes within a couple hundred mile radius of Phoenix I'd appreciate the info.

DanM

Elite Cafe Member
I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm looking for instruction in the Phoenix area as well. I sent a message to Bryan, and I hope to hear back from him, but I feel like I read somewhere that he retired. I also looked for an engraving class up at Yavapai CC, but could only find the gunsmithing class. If anybody knows of any classes within a couple hundred mile radius of Phoenix I'd appreciate the info.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think Bryan Bridges is retired. He gave me some of his gravers several years ago. If extant, he is quite old.

Latest posts

Sponsors