Harley Derby Covers

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
Here are some Harley Derby Covers I just finished. My Photography leaves alot to be desired but you guys can feel free to critique the engraving.

Attachments

• DSC_0110 copy.jpg
    DSC_0110 copy.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0103_edited copy.jpg
    DSC_0103_edited copy.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 122

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice. Are they going to be chromed? How do they cut?

The reason I ask, is that I hpe to cut some bike parts eventually.

Thanks,
Peter

I really lik the shading you put on the scimitar blades. And the outlined letters look great. Your layout if really pleasing to look at even without actually reading the words.

I think the borders on the two with borders would have a more finished look if in some way they incorporated the screw holes rather than starting from and ending at them. I don't think I am saying well what I am thinking. Both borders are really appropropriate to the designs but would have looked more like a part of the design if they somehow encricled the screwholes. Thats the best I can say it. Maybe someone else will know better how to say it.

Great work though. What is the material?

Aloha,
Robert E. Booth

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Is it just me or on the last one is "You're taking up too much room" a bit crowded at "much room"?
That was the only thing I could see as a possible flaw and it could just be the angle of the picture.

BTW, a light set to skim across the covers should help hightlight the engraving, or you could darken it for the photo.

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
They are made of some sort of cast aluminum and cut easily and cleanly. Two of them will be chromea and the one with the simitars will remain polished. Thank-You for the suggestion about the boarders I think you are right, I'm just a little unsure of how to incorperate the screw hole.

Latest posts

Sponsors