Terrific Sunday-time well spent

conan

I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know what a terrific man Tim West is. I am a beginner and needed a little hands on, but there was no one close by. Tim offered and I drove over to Atlanta, GA from Birmingham,AL.
He spent a tremendous amount of time with me; All of Sunday afternoon and into the evening. He showed me how to cut the angles on a graver and then let me try all of his tools. It was more than I could have hoped for.
I; have a long way to go, but, some of this time was cut shorter by his kindness, knowledge and willingness to teach me.
If you ever have the time to get to know him or visit with him, I suggest you do. Any amount of time you spend with him would be well worth your while.
Thanks Tim;
Your Birmingham Friend
Conan(David)

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is great to hear, there is nothing better than a little help from an experienced and helpful person, my hats off to Tim.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Conan: Tim's a helpful guy, and he's partly to blame for getting me started in watchmaking.

When I first started engraving I would have given anything to simply talk to an engraver who was willing to share information. Things are a lot different now! / ~Sam

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
David,

You are welcome at my fire anytime. You spoiled my kid you know, I'm gonna have to tell on you a little here.

As soon as he arrived he says "I got a little something for the kids" and he hands a zip lock gallon bag of various sized gum balls to each of them. I swear my 6 year old lit up and looked like he'd just robbed a bank and got away with it. I'm still laughing thinking about it.

I wish we'd had more time but we can cover the rest next time, I'll be better prepared with material and so forth. Looking forward to it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
when i first started there was nobody, then i was able to talk with ray viramontez by phone a few times- very helpful. i even managed a couple different times on the phone with james meeks- a true gentleman and a very helpful fellow. then there was roger bleile who visited my home. this at a time when he was writing his book about american engravers. roger showed me a few things, but more importantly, he really was instrumental in my not throwing in the towel in the first place. today- god what a difference for the newbies- even old farts like me-- i'm still learnin stuff here ! sam, what a gift here !

Latest posts

Sponsors