Microscope parts??????

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I need a .5 or .75 objective (barlow) lens for a Zeiss stereo zoom scope I have. I need to increase the work distance and decrease the magnification a bit. It is an older scope so it in not likely that Zeiss will have one. I have emailed them and I am waiting a reply

The outer thread dia. is 47mm. I have tried every objective lens of every scope I have here at the school and none fit it.

Do any of you anywhere else I might look to find such a treasure If Zeiss doesn't have one or doesn't bother to reply?

Thanks,

Ray

Ray,

I know there are some objective lenses through the scope sellers on Ebay, I went through the same issue with my Unitron scope and was able to find one. Most of the affordable lenses are made in china, but when it is just a single adjustment lens it is okay, the calibrations are good. I wouldn't buy a complete chinese scope, but the individual lenses for either eyepieces or objectives are good enough. I got a 0.5 lens for mine, which made the working distance 8".

Michael

Bill Brockway

Ray -

I bought a .5x auxiliary lens for a Bausch & Lomb SZ, which I believe is the same scope as yours, just under a different name, from Lehman Scientific LLC, 237 N.Church Lane, Red Lion, PA 17356-1101. It was a new lens, and cost about $100. I have been very happy with mine.

You can call them at (717) 244-7540. They also have a web site.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Bill Brockway

Oops! I made a mistake. I believe your scope is the same as Leitz, Wild, or Aus-Jena, not B&L. I would recommend calling Lehman Scientific anyway. Their website is a little hard to navigate (for me, at least). They also have an 800 number: (800) 784-8680.

Another firm who might be able to help is Absolute Clarity & Calibration, 109 Main St., Terryville, CT 06786; phone (860) 583-0502; e-mail sales@absoluteclarity.com They are a microscope repair shop, but also carry used microscopes and parts. I bought some eyepieces from them.

Bill

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill,

Thanks bunch for the leads. I will definitely check them out Monday.

Again thanks,

Ray

Latest posts

Sponsors