W.E. Lister (Sr.) engraving

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is a Colt Bisley model that was done by my dad, W.E. Lister, in the mid 1970's. Got these pics the other day from an auction firm that is going to sell this piece in October. Thought I would share the pics with you all since there has been some discussion of my dad's music history but his engraving hasn't been shown. My dad is still living but no longer actively engraving (darn it!) I believe he was a true Master engraver and was an excellent teacher as well!

Enjoy,

Weldon

Attachments

• Bisley1.jpg
    Bisley1.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Bisley2.jpg
    Bisley2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Bisley3.jpg
    Bisley3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 127

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
that's a very neat looking job your father did. no mystery where your talents originated. there has to be a mutual admiration deal going on there, and rightly so.btw, a very good read you put in the last fega rag, not to mention an exceptionally good looking gun job for us all to admire.

chris

hi
weldon
thats truely stunning work i hope that could go into our gallery if your father and sam and you permit
definatly all the above you said thanks for showing your fathers work
chris

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Weldon,
That is a piece of work, Your Dad has a gift,It looks as your Father left you something!!!
Hope to meet...

Thanks, Weldon
JL Seymour
Jerry

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What a great looking gun. Your father is a talented guy. You say he's a musician also, how old is your father?Let us know what it brings at auction. A good looking gun like that should get a handsome amount.

WDA

Very nice work. Seems like a lot of you that have the touch to produce beautiful engravings can
also produce beautiful music. One day I hope to meet all of you musician engravers.

Thanks for the post!
Bill

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
we lister (sr) engraving

just a thought, weldon: perhaps if the forum would grant permission you could conduct an interview with your dad concerning his engraving career. i'm thinkin that would be interesting.:D :)

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great piece of work Weldon, give your Dad all of our regards.

I hope the acution company plays up the Hank connection, otherwise, it seems most engraved guns not performed as factory work bring a pittance at auctions regardless of the excellance of the work or not. I have seen well known names like Lynton McKenzies guns bring barely the price of the unadorned gun alone all too frequently.

Sponsors