Question: looking to buy new microscope need advice

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
Great Info from all of you

Thank you for all the great insight into this subject, it truly has helped me make up my mind. Since i am a jeweler and watch smith and aspiring Engraver i believe i will try to get the Leica A60. I hope it will help me become a better engraver and at the same time help me in my jewelry repair and watch repair as well. If there are any jewelers or watch smiths who have used microscopes in there trade and input would greatly be appreciated.

Omar from Raleigh, NC

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
My humble opinion is that the price sounds too cheap to be of high quality, and I'd do a lot of research before buying any scope be it used or new. I have an ancient microscope only suitable for some tasks, and not engraving. I soon may purchase, used, a stereo microscope, but I know the engraver who has it and has used it extensively. Cheap isn't always a bargain, despite the advertisement, so ask those on the forum who're users and quite familiar with the product.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry to bother everyone. Would anyone be willing to make a list, or a few people list all the scopes that they would recommend. I am trying to work on a budget but if it's worth paying more now to save in the long run I'll happily do that too.

Thanks

Danae.

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry to bother everyone. Would anyone be willing to make a list, or a few people list all the scopes that they would recommend. I am trying to work on a budget but if it's worth paying more now to save in the long run I'll happily do that too.

Thanks

As Sam mentioned earlier there is already a list in the tips archive. You'll never regret spending good money on great products, new or used. Hopefully you will be able to strike at good compromise between cost and quality; If you are able too then you will have found value!

Latest posts

Sponsors