New gravers from GRS

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
It sounds, Victor, as if you decided that you wanted to learn to engrave, looked around a little, and jumped right in. There is nothing wrong with that, especially if you have enough money to pay for your mistakes.

The only graver that I know of that comes sharpened is one you can get from Lindsay, otherwise they all need to be dealt with.

Before you go too much further, with the ensuing frustrations and loss of blood, a little hands on instruction would help. Somebody to show you the right ways to sharpen and the very basics of cutting technique. I am suggesting a class, or barring that, some one on one. There are many qualified instructors and classes available, although GRS is done for the year and fills very quickly when they open, but there is a great engraver in Covington, Louisiana, should you be interested in a few days of personal instruction.

I can guarantee that it will take YEARS off the learning curve!

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow, what a thread, hehe.
I agree with virtually everything Andrew posted, although i prefer long gravers and IMHO (so i don't mislead Chris) i think all the gravers sold by the toolmakers are too short.
I believe Sam said Siderov suggested these new gravers, and i know from experience if Siderov suggests something and you dont understand , its time to slow down and study Siderov's reasoning.

Latest posts

Sponsors