Scrolling Through Europe

santos

Elite Cafe Member
HI Rod
The 4th pic was taken in Avignon, wasn't it ?
I suppose you have visited Le Palais des Papes ? Have you seen any old engravings there ?

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good eye!

Je m'excuse, mais je ne suis pas trés fort en Français, Santos!

There are some interesting, although somewhat rustic scroll designs on the walls of the Palais des Papes, as a matter of fact, in the Pope's bedroom, but the Palais is not rich in artifacts, as it was in decline for many years, and only recently restored from 1906 onwards.

Just on the edge of le Palais des Papes Place, is the Petit Palais, where the cardinals lived. It now houses the best collection of Italian renaissance painting in France, and some early sculpture. I took several hundred picture close up. Many of the Italian paintings use a guilded back 'canvas' which was burin engraved for certain effects, such as the halo, then afterwards painting was done, even jewels added!

Please go to the Lindsay Forum for more on this and more examples, under the same named thread: "Scrolling through Europe"

A couple of general questions:

Are we to assume that iGravers also look in on the Lindsay Forum and Fega, so no need to do double postings? I am happy to do double postings, but there is so much good spin off on this and the other Forums, that it is well worth looking in on all? Let me know what accepted practice is.

Technical question:

If I remove photos from my alloted file space on the Forum, to make room for new postings, do they then disappear from further viewing?

best

Rod

best

Rod

Latest posts

Sponsors